Thursday, October 20, 2011

Importance of Cryptology

Cryptology has been around since the dawn of time but has become more and more prevalent during war and the computer/internet era. I had an idea of what countries had major influences on cryptology, such as England and the United States but I was truly unaware of the vastness of cryptology. People in every major power around the world are working on cryptography. Even in smaller countries, this practice is still going on. I was stunned to read in our book the major impact that Poland had on cracking the German Enigma because I had no idea they were capable of such a feat. This leads me to question, what other countries have had cryptology programs going unnoticed? With computers, we are now able to continuously update and enhance cryptology but this does not mean that there are not others out there working just as hard as the world super powers.

No comments:

Post a Comment