Thursday, November 10, 2011

Reused Passwords

How many of us use passwords for a myriad of sources such as Gateway, Facebook, bank accounts, etc. But when you think about it, how many of us use the same password for almost all of these. If necessary we throw in a few discrepancies with the same password but all in all we usually rotate between a select amount of passwords. I know for a fact if a person was to discover the main password I use, they would have access to almost all of my social networks and some of my monetary sources.

2 comments:

  1. This would be true for me too. It's hard to remember all of the different passwords. Then I would have to write them down somewhere and then there is just as easy access.

    ReplyDelete
  2. At the same token, regardless of whether you use the same password for all of your sites or not, it is probably best not to advertise this on a public blog. (If anything, this cryptology class has made me paranoid about internet security!)

    ReplyDelete